Psychologist or LISW
Psychologist or LISW Opportunity in Fort Dodge, IA Full-time - 49-54 Days Paid Time Off Per Year (for full-time)!
The VA Central Iowa Health Care System is actively recruiting for an experienced Psychologist or a LISW with mental health therapy experience to work closely with an interdisciplinary team in the Fort Dodge Community Based Outpatient Clinic. A minimum of two years’ experience working as a therapist is preferred. The Psychologist must be licensed and have completed an APA accredited internship program. We are seeking a very confident clinician.
- Competitive salary!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Employment Contracts!
- Full time
- Hours and Shifts: 8am – 4:30pm M-F
- Department staffing: MSA, NP, RN clerical support
- Workload: averaging 6 patients per day
- Call: No call
- Notes: private office space
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 208 Hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 104 Hours paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
For more information or to apply e-mail your cv to:
CHARLES D. LONG, U.S. Army (Retired)
National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
National Healthcare Recruitment Services
Mobile: (781) 589-1291